Welcome to Farmgirlfit’s 8 week progressive challenge to emancipate yourself from the stronghold of sugar. The challenge officially kicks off Saturday February 1st and will run for 8 weeks until March 28th. Each week will focus on a different sugar or sugar product. Your challenge is to eliminate that product from your diet that week, and each successive week until the 8 weeks are up.
Throughout the challenge, we will educate you about sugar, its many forms and names, and the negative effects it has on our bodies. Our goal is to help you recognize where and how you consume sugar, and to motivate you to remove those sources from your diet. We’ll provide you with substitutes, alternatives, and recipes, and even award prizes! Are you ready to reclaim your independence from sugar?
Participation is Easy:
- Declare your freedom: Sign your name to our “Declaration of Sugar Freedom,” agreeing to accept the weekly challenges and do your best to conquer each one.
- Partner up: Find another member to be your “No Sugar Sweetie,” and help each other stay motivated and accountable throughout the 8 weeks.
- Log your food and drink: Grab a notebook from the gym (or use your own) and log everything you eat or drink during the 8 weeks. This is how we will gauge participation, even if you slip up or cheat a time or two.
- Review your food log: Each week, meet with your “No Sugar Sweetie” and review each other’s food logs. She will confirm whether you successfully completed the week’s challenge (i.e. No cheats!).
- Enter to win weekly: If you do successfully complete the week (as confirmed by your Sweetie), record your name on the Weekly Sign-In sheet for a chance to win a prize.
- #FGFSugarFreedom: Not required, but we encourage you to post pictures on Instagram of your progress, successes or weaknesses. Use the hashtag #FGFSugarFreedomX, where X is the week number (1-8).
We will draw at random for both Weekly prizes, and 2 Grand prizes. No duplicate winners.
Weekly – Each Saturday, we will select 1 prize winner from the members who have successfully completed that week’s challenge, and/or the members who have posted using the week’s hashtag.
Grand – On the final Saturday, we will draw 2 grand prize winners. Everyone who participates through all 8 weeks, even if you don’t successfully complete each week’s challenge, will be entered to win.